2011 1099 Forms, Plus New Form 1099-K, Due This Month

It’s January, and time to get your 2011 1099 forms and instructions in order. This year, though, there’s a new player in town: The new Form 1099-K. The new form may increase confusion about 1099 forms and instructions. So here are some Frequently Asked Questions to help clarify what’s required: What are 1099 forms? The IRS provides 1099 forms for taxpayers to report different types of miscellaneous taxable income. (It’s not for wages, which should be reported on employees’ W-2 forms.) There are different 1099 forms for different types of income, for example: 1099-B is for stocks, bonds, and securities; 1099-C is for canceled debts; 1099-DIV is for dividends; and 1099-INT is for interest earned. A complete list of IRS 1099 forms

Twitter Follow

Follow us on

Contact Us

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT:  This communication or portions thereof may be considered "advertising" as defined by Section 6157(c) of the California Business and Professions Code or within the jurisdiction in which you are viewing this.  Nothing in the discussion above is intended to be a representation or guarantee about the outcome of any legal proceeding in which you may be involved.  By providing the information above in this format, Michel & Associates is not soliciting you to hire it to handle a specific legal matter you may currently have or be anticipating commencing in the future.  Notwithstanding the discussion above, you should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content on this site without seeking appropriate legal advice regarding your particular circumstances from an attorney licensed to practice law.  This communication is informational only and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Michel & Associates.  Michel & Associates's attorneys are licensed to practice in California, Texas, and the District of Columbia.