- Statement regarding Attorney General request to intervene in Peruta case – Chuck Michel, Senior Partner at Michel & Associates February 28, 2014
- California: New Anti-Gun Laws Took Effect January 1 January 3, 2014
- Ninth Circuit Decision Sets the Analytical Framework for Second Amendment Challenges December 17, 2013
- 2013 CALIFORNIA LEGISLATIVE UPDATE: END OF SESSION REPORT October 17, 2013
- California Department of Justice Sued for Misuse of Firearm Purchaser Fee October 17, 2013
- California Department of Justice Sued for Misuse of Firearm Purchaser Fee September 26, 2013
- California Supreme Court Confirms That Certain Misdemeanor Battery Convictions Do Not Trigger Federal Gun Ban After All September 23, 2013
- Firearms Law & Practice Seminar at Angeles Shooting Range, Saturday, October 5, 2013 September 23, 2013
- Connect With, Like, Share, Follow, Tweet and Help Promote Our Pro-RKBA Social Media Collection September 23, 2013
- Illinois Supreme Court Unanimously Confirms the Second Amendment Right to Carry Outside the Home! September 20, 2013
Firearms Law Reference Materials
Due to the large volume of materials in the Michel & Associates P.C. Firearms Law reference library, all of these materials have been moved to the comprehensive reference website we produce as a service to our clients, potential clients, and friends: CalGunLaws.com. This Michel & Associates website page serves as a portal to the materials now posted on CalGunLaws.com.
CalGunLaws.com is a pro bono effort produced by the lawyers at Michel & Associates. It is designed primarily for use by attorneys, interested firearm owners, and Second Amendment civil rights activists.
CalGunLaws.com supplements C.D. Michel’s book: California Gun Laws: A Guide to State and Federal Firearm Regulations. That book is the starting point for any gun law question. Learn more about it here . CalGunLaws.com provides easy access to the multitude of complex federal, state, and local firearm laws and ordinances, administrative and executive regulations, case law, and past and current litigation that defines the California firearms regulatory scheme in theory and practice. CalGunLaws.com is designed and organized to make it easy to research the law and to locate source materials and related information. All of the articles are cross referenced.
In addition to compiling and publishing firearms law related information and providing on-line legal research tools to access that information, CalGunLaws.com also seeks to keep its users informed and aware of their legal rights and responsibilities, and active in efforts to reform and improve the law.
CalGunLaws.com has three major sections: CalGunLaws News, the CalGunLaws Bloggers group, and CalGunLaws Legal Research Resources. You can subscribe to receive updates from these features on the site, or at the link below.
If the materials posted on CalGunLaws.com do not answer your question concerning state or federal law, you may email your question to our office. Please click the “Submit A Free Case Evaluation” button located on the top left of this page. Send us your name, telephone number, and your question with as much detail as possible so that we may better assist you. Our staff will contact you concerning your question, discuss where to locate the information you are looking for and/or discuss options for retaining our services to assist you in answering your question.
DON’T INADVERTENTLY SUBSIDIZE THE GUN BAN LOBBY!
Some law firms, particularly in Los Angeles and San Francisco, support anti-gun-owner efforts to undermine your right to keep and bear arms by providing pro bono legal services to the gun ban lobby and politicians who would deprive you of your Second Amendment rights. The anti-Second Amendment efforts by these law firms are effectively subsidized through the legal fees paid by their business clients. Since 1993, Michel & Associates, P.C. has provided over $3 million worth of pro bono legal service to indigent gun owners and to the associations that protect your rights. Shop for your legal service provider carefully so you don’t inadvertently subsidize the gun ban lobby!
If you are the subject of a pending criminal investigation or charges, or if you have a pending civil legal matter or other criminal or civil dispute which requires immediate legal services, we are happy to provide prompt, free initial consultations with an attorney. Simply call (562) 216-4444 for an appointment.